Become a Fractional Property Owner with PlayEstates
For many people, owning real estate, let alone investing in it, seems like an unattainable dream.
Barriers to Investing in Traditional Real Estate
With house prices up more than 100% since the 1960s, inflation, student debts and not enough affordable housing, becoming a homeowner as a young adult is the exception, not the rule. In the US, home ownership is less common in adults 35 and under, with only 38.5% of young Americans making up the 70% of homeowners in the United States.
Even if the pandemic caused many young adults to move back home with their parents, home ownership is still on their minds. 75% of Generation Z is saving towards a down payment for a home. However, 22% of young adults believe that they will never have enough money to afford even the initial payments on a real estate investment.
For many young adults, many barriers exist to homeownership and real-estate investment from lack of experience, time, funds and market knowledge. With laws differing from state to state, investing in real estate is not accessible or easy for the average investor even if you do have $20K available to put towards a down payment. This does not take into account the additional taxes and fees associated with using middlemen and brokerage firms.
Introducing Fractional Ownership
Fractional ownership is when multiple investors co-own a real estate property by owning shares of it. Properties can range from commercial, residential, or even vacation and can be found in appealing destinations nationwide or globally. Investing with others on a shared asset decreases risk because the cost of upkeep and maintenance are shared between each investor.
However, without real estate background, fractional ownership is not easy to manage for the average citizen. If you do manage to pool the money with friends, family, or investors, there are still many questions that need to be answered.
- How would you divide the property?
- Who would be designated the principal custodian to represent all the investors?
- Who will handle the fractional ownership certificates?
- How much access, if at all, will everyone get to the property itself?
- Who will manage the property and distribute the rental income among the investors?
- How will you find these quality properties at an affordable share price?
PlayEstates is looking to open doors for people who desire to invest in real estate by marrying real estate with a familiar pastime, gaming. How?
- Enter their gaming platform to get started.
- Once you become a member, you are able to start playing games and earning tokens. Unlike other gaming platforms, our digital tokens have inherent value because it’s backed by IRL real estate.
- Once a member acquires enough tokens, they may purchase a special NFT that corresponds to a fractional ownership of an actual real estate property.
It’s as simple as that. Become a member, play games, earn tokens and have fun while investing in real estate.
We are seeking to remove the barriers to entry with our low starting cost. Individuals can get started in the real estate investment market and begin generating a form of passive income without the hassle of brokerage firms or middlemen. PlayEstates will handle stressful components of fractional ownership such as taxes, property upkeep and the paperwork.
Get started in the real estate investment market by creating your PlayEstates account today.
PlayEstates is a sustainable hybrid finance model that turns your gaming hours into ownership of real-world real estate assets. Our fractional ownership model is user-friendly, community-oriented, and the most fun way to get into real estate. PlayEstates is bridging the real world into the virtual world by integrating IRL real estate assets with blockchain gaming so users can collect NFTs as passive income. Come join us. Grow your game and build your wealth.